Update: Brown Marmorated Stink Bug – 2018-2019 Issues & Expenses
The BMSB Seasonal Measures that have been implemented by DAWR in Australia are now enforced and causing numerous processing issues.
We are finding that DAWR are experiencing process delays and issues on a number of levels: –
• The initial container release (GAS/BMSB release) has some ambiguity and is causing delays and confusion at
shipping line and wharf release levels.
• DAWR releases in the Integrated Cargo System are problematic and delayed.
• Previously released Holds are being reapplied upon receipt of minor FID or reporting amendments in the ICS.
• Container Holds are being placed on transshipment containers if the container cargo report has any Target
Risk Country cargo reported in the manifest.
• DAWR systemic issues recognising Origin Treatment Notifications and Certifications.
The unfortunate results of the aforementioned issues are delays in availability of cargo and additional expenses incurred through no fault of the freight forwarder as well as increased operator administration, processing and monitoring.
ACF will continue to do all we can to inhibit additional expense and expedite the earliest possible release of your cargo, however, given the circumstances and associated issues, we request your understanding and co-operation.
If additional costs are incurred, beyond the control of ACF, we have no option but to pass these costs on.